Story

 Tell me the story of how the sun loved the moon so much, every night he died so that she could breathe”

They said that we were a match made in heaven. But alas, we were never meant to be...

 

We met in those diffused dawns and dusks, under the sky which took on a bluish pink tint, hidden behind wispy clouds. The fading stars kept us company, and with twinkling eyes promised to never tell. In those brief moments, we were made of soft purples and pinks. We were made of new hopes and promises. We were made of hidden glances and longing stares.

 

She was like the night, calm and still. Secrets were held in the palm of her hand and soft whispers were coiled in her tresses. Her eyes were filled with dreams and when she looked at me, my cynicism gave way to a glimmer of hope.

I was like the day, loud and agitated. My bruised arms were fuelled by ambition and I stored struggles in my ever-moving feet. My eyes were half-lidded with despair and pride, but she said looking into them gave her hope that this life was real.

 

And although there never has been and never will be a pair quite like us, when we were together, everything finally made sense. All of those hours spent chasing each other, all of those spent close, but not together. Those few moments in total darkness, when we were both hidden from prying eyes, when nobody dared to look directly at us, they made it worth it.

 

But alas, she was the moon and I was the sun.

And an eclipse is our fleeting romance.

She was the moon and I was the sun.

And for me to shine brightly through the day, she had to die every morning.

She was the moon and I was the sun.

We were made for each other, but we were never meant to be.


But still we rise every day and tell the world our story.


A story of chasing after happiness for all eternity, no matter how dreary the sky.

A story of sacrifice, of hiding behind clouds for a chance to see someone smile.

A story of loving someone so much that it forces you to love yourself, with all your craters and burns.

A story of being enough, through all the twists and turns.


A story of never giving up.



Comments