fallen angel

“I groveled at your feet, never expecting anything in return for my undying devotion.”

“You don’t have to do this.”

“Look, now your head rolls at mine.”

“I will do whatever you say.”

“What did you call me? A fallen angel. Am I really fallen, if heaven fell along with me?”

“You can’t kill me, not completely”

“No, I can’t… But I can make those lowly humans whose attention you crave stop believing you.”

“You are sinning.”

“To sin is to go against God, and if God doesn’t exist, neither does sin.”

“I-”

“And perhaps, the light of the world that stepped down into darkness has now gone out.
Perhaps, now those humans will open their eyes. Open their eyes and really see. See the world without your light, without your shining light reflecting off of it.”

“They’ll be lost.”

“They’ll be better.”

“They’ll revolt”

“There won’t be anything left to revolt against.”

“They’ll destroy themselves.”

“Exactly.”

“You can’t let them destroy themselves!”

“The God that owned heaven but craved for Earth is dead.”

The words echo in the godless land, the only being that cared for them dying, bleeding out in front of the fallen angel.

“You should have prayed harder, my Lord.”

Comments