Shiuli

 


                                                                Night Jasmine: Shiuli


O shiuli, you bloom under the cover of night.

O shiuli, you listen patiently to the moon's plight.


O shiuli, you share secrets with the stars

O shiuli, you strum the strings of nature’s guitars.


O shiuli, you waft an mellifluous scent so sweet

O shiuli, you carpet the ground for lovers to meet


O shiuli, you symbolise purity and innocence

O shiuli, you stimulate my slumbering conscience


O shiuli, I tell stories to you each twilight

O shiuli, I spill my soul for you to keep bright


O shiuli, I pick your fallen petals in the morn

O shiuli, you keep my confidences in branches shorn


O shiuli, I breathe in a breath of fresh air,

O shiuli, I put your flower in my hair


O shiuli, you make my day a little better

O shiuli, you make the world a little brighter


O shiuli, come with me today

O shiuli, come home with me today.



Comments